I started on a journey unknown
Hoping and praying I’d never look back
His friendship was all he had to give
For the traits he looked for I did greatly lack
My answer was clear like crystal glass
No trade winds were tossing me to and fro
Now the bitter breeze send hail all around me
And I wonder why I didn't just go
Tossed about on waves of emotion
Currents of fear threaten to pull me down
Heavy sea water vastly surrounds me
Tugging and pulling I fear I may drown
My heart is broken and battle worn
My emotions frayed like sails in a storm
I look in his eyes and see his fear
He’s fighting his battle and sheds a tear
Why today did the storm seem enraged
His love is my life raft floating away
Or is there still hope that I may live
If he'd just see my fear, put the storm at bay
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Stormy Waters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment