Sunday, January 17, 2010

Breaking Loose

I’m the girl who saw her future
And jumped to meet it
Took a chance
And found hope
Had faith
And found light
Trusted in my heart
And found love
Yeah I’m not the girl I could have been
But I’m the best that I am
In spite of men
I’m the girl who took a chance
And wound up on top
Yeah, look at me now
Not the girl I was back then
Walking through the halls
With very few friends
Holding tight to one belief
Yeah, that’s who I was then
I’m different now
My world has no bounds
No gravity
To suck me down
I’ve got the whole world
To get lost in
Find the peace
Within commotion
No more fears
No more sorrows
Only hope
For a better tomorrow
Yeah I’m the girl who saw her future
And jumped to meet it
Took a chance
And found hope
Had faith
And found light
Trusted in my heart
And found love
Love wasn’t sitting
In a crowded classroom
Nor was it wandering
Through an empty hall
Love was standing
Right beside me
Through it all
Yeah, I’m not the girl I was back then
Shy and timid
Afraid to break the trend
Time to break free
And loose myself
Yeah, that’s who I am now
Free at last
Free to dream
Free to sail the rugged sea
Breaking loose
Running fast
Not going to be
Held down by the past
Cause….
I’m the girl who saw her future
And jumped to meet it
Took a chance
And found hope
Had faith
And found light
Trusted in my heart
And found love

No comments:

Post a Comment