Friday, October 23, 2009

A Lesson Learned

I’m tired of your rotten drama
The worlds endless pain
Friends who are simply fakes
And rock stars senseless fame

I’m ready for the open road
A solid path to guide my feet
A brand new beginning for me
The past I will purposely defeat

I will walk away from battery
I will walk away from shame
I will stand up for myself
And no longer beg in vain

You can’t touch me
No, I’m too far gone
You’ll never find me
So now, walk on

I gotta put these old troubles
To rest beneath the ground
Holdin’ on to a purpose in life
A new journey I have found

Take a flying leap of faith
Walk tall in the light of day
No more hiding in the shadows
That’s no longer my life’s way

I will walk away from battery
I will walk away from shame
I will stand up for myself
And no longer beg in vain

You can’t touch me
No, I’m too far gone
You’ll never find me
So now, walk on

I’m now soaring with the eagles
Gravity has no strength to bind
It lost its vice like grasp on me
When I left you forever behind

I will hold no more hidden sorrow
I will cry no more crocodile tears
I am going to raise my head up high
And I’ll walk right through my fears

So I’m saying goodbye to you my boy
Never again to face that type of pain
I’ve learned the lessons you have taught
And have taken them in like the rain

I will walk away from battery
I will walk away from shame
I will stand up for myself
And no longer beg in vain

You can’t touch me
No, I’m too far gone
You’ll never find me
So now, walk on

No comments:

Post a Comment