Friday, October 23, 2009

Ashes of a Phoenix

The winds of change
Roll over me
My heart, my soul
Beginning to see

My mistakes like blood
Stain my soul
Steady hot tears
Take a prayerful toll

One man

One promise
One world
Saved

Like a phoenix rising
I take wing
From the ashes of myself
My spirit is set free

Praying for God’s help

Give me strength
Help me to overcome
Give me peace at length

Help me to fight
The dark unknown
Through my darkest hour
Help grow the faith that’s sown

Praying for his strength
Praying for help
Steady my wavering faith
His loving arms I have felt

One man
One promise
One world
Saved

Like a phoenix rising
I take wing
From the ashes of myself
My spirit is set free

A peace feels my soul

His atonements will
My heart and mind at rest
Repentance was fulfilled

Take a bounding step onward
Never lose faith
Hold on to your standards
Keep strong, eternity is at stake

No comments:

Post a Comment