Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Past, My Present, My Future

He’s my past, my present, my future
My heart leaps to know he’s mine
When those dark brown eyes search me gently
I know I’ve fallen this time


He’s the sunlight that breaks through the storm
On a sad and stormy day
He’s the wind that tickles me
And makes me laugh all those cares away

His smile causes butterflies to wake
From a deep and restful slumber
Bright beautiful wings take flight
And leave my soul in wonder

‘Just a dance’ was all he really wanted
Or so he says to this day
But one dance was all it really took
For him to steal my heart away

He’s my past, my present, my future
My heart leaps to know he’s mine
When those dark brown eyes search me gently
I know I’ve fallen this time

Promises made and trials endured
Handled with tender loving care
With children near and families dear
We’ve chosen the path that’s clear

Wedding whites will soon encircle us
That day is drawing ever near
Two hearts sealed for all eternity
Words of wisdom, we will hear

A new home, new family, new start
He’s the one who will lead the way
But close behind him I’ll stand steady
Never wavering, I will stay

He’s my past, my present, my future
My heart leaps to know he’s mine
When those dark brown eyes search me gently
I know I’ve fallen this time

No comments:

Post a Comment