Steps into the darkness
One backwards climb at a time
Arms flailing, catching nothing
I fall so fast, will I survive?
Drug through the angry pits
Of the deepest darkest despair
Calling out for somebody
To take a little time to care
Mercies hand reaches out
Takes in my tattered lonely soul
Helps me climb out of the pit
Dug deep by me and me alone
My first steps in sorrow
I grieve as I realize my debt
Crying, I understand his pain
To see His love, I did forget
I pray for forgiveness
Begging, honestly wanting change
To change myself, to live with him
Not to die in my sins like Cain
No more will I fail Him
No longer will I trip and fall
No longer will I hesitate
When my name he does call
The Lord takes my trembling hand
Show’s me all has been forgiven
All is well, keep moving forward
My child, don’t stray away again
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment